Author Topic: cracking of gel coat  (Read 826 times)

MarciaC

• View Profile
cracking of gel coat
« on: June 20, 2011, 08:52:11 AM »
We have a little over 3 hrs. on our 2011 GT205 Glastron and I noticed that there is one spot that looks like spider cracking along the "rail" (not sure of nautical term).  It is right where you enter the boat, above the seat and speaker.  It looks like it may be the gel coat.  I know there is a warranty and will be proceeding along those lines, however I wonder if this may be indicative of other areas that could start popping up.  Has anyone had issues like this?

3MileBayWaker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: cracking of gel coat
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 05:30:52 AM »
Gunnel or Gunwale is the nautical term....

Another member had his entire GT185 hull begin to crack on him... not sure what caused it.  In your case, if it is just one crack they will probably have you visit your local fiberglass repair shop and they will take care of it under warranty. If there are many cracks, and the severity of them.. your dealer might have you finish out the season with your boat and then have it shipped back to glastron and have a new upper shell installed. Sometimes it just happens... Take some photos and send them to your dealer, Glastron will require them to be taken so it doesn't hurt to be one step ahead.
2010 Glastron GT 205 XL (Crimson Red)
Volvo 4.3L GL
Roswell Wakeboard tower
Low profile Black windshield
Custom Black Canvas