Author Topic: Happy with glastron quality?  (Read 680 times)

gransport455

• View Profile
Happy with glastron quality?
« on: July 29, 2013, 09:33:59 AM »
I must say that I really like my new 2012 GT 225 but I am starting to wonder about the Glastron quality and quality control process

The back pin stripe came loose and the dash was cracked when I bought it but I knew that going in and the dealer fixed it before I picked it up

I heard others say that they didnt like the quality of the vinyl in the boats and sure enough I have 2 small rips in mine after a few months of use and not where you expect to get them and I dont let anyone walk on the seats or get in with anything but boat shoes

the hour meter was installed cocked and couldnt be read

had problems with the bimini top screws coming loose and the passenger seat makes a lot of noise.

The dealer has been great and has fixed everything to date

How do others feel about the boat quality?

If I am having problems with little things I am worried about the big things in time to come

Cars, boats and HAM radio
2012 Glastron GT 225 270 HP Volvo
1972 Buick GS 455 Stage 1
2012 Kenwood TS-2000

rau_d1

• Just add H2O
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Happy with glastron quality?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 10:18:34 PM »
I have not had any problems with my boat, issues were dealt with by glastron under warranty, especially the dreaded blisters in the haul, and a little small tear on the passenger seat that was caused by my kids but not deep enough to open up the fabric.
I love the boat and the quality that Glastron has had in the 2008 lineup
rau_d1
2008 GT 185 4.3 Merc. Hiya Bayaya

Ron

• View Profile
Re: Happy with glastron quality?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 08:37:53 AM »
I have a 2000 GS209.  The main systems all held up well.  Gel coat still looks good.  I did however find several low level quality issues too.  For example, they did not use stainless steel screws on anchor hatch, rear deck engine cover, etc.  Nothing major but does make you wonder.  Also, don't expect any support for parts from Glastron or their dealer.  The new Glastron, aka Rec Holdings, washed their hands of Genmar era Glastron built boats.