Author Topic: Who is still boating?  (Read 4415 times)

yamahas

• View Profile
Who is still boating?
« on: September 17, 2011, 08:56:02 AM »
Well the season is starting to come to an end here, at night is has been coming close to freezing. Gotta pull the boat out soon and get the maintenance done on it.

Time to get the winter toys ready!

ColinGS249

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Who is still boating?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 10:29:29 AM »
It dosent appear as if anyone has been out this season. Now I'm back in employment hopefully mine will be ready for next season.
ColinGS249
Northern Ireland

GlennW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 05:33:54 PM »
We are still in the upper 90's.....so we are still out there. We also just picked up a 33' cruiser with a 10' beam, gen, ac/heat ect and will christen it this weekend.

G-Tron

• people/Zach-Schaeren/26716440#!/profile.php?id=26716440
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 07:18:24 PM »
Stopped skiing here the 11th. Gone back to fishing until it gets too cold for that. Sumer sure shut off quick here in SE WI.
2000 GX180SF
150 Evinrude Ficht

Gotta pay big to play big

yamahas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 08:50:02 AM »
The temperature seems to have gone back up now. About 60-70F (I think?) in the days now, nights are cold and the water is also getting cold so we gotta pull the dock and boat out on the week end. Actually got from frost last week in the low lying areas around here!

BoSox

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 07:10:04 PM »
Haven't gone out in a couple of weeks.  Kids said the water is to cold and with youth football & hockey in full swing, not much free time left.  I'll clean her up this weekend and drop her off Friday for wrapping and storage.  Season seems to get shorter & shorter.
'99 SX175 SF

3MileBayWaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 12:56:51 AM »
Picked mine back up from the dealership on friday after being winterized.... now she's sitting at the fiberglass repair center to fix Glastron's horrible installation job of my wakeboard tower. I could have probably snuck in a a few more weekends. Hell tomorrow its suppose to be 80's and Sun. I at least put 40 hours on her this year compared to the 20 something last year. However....

Its time I grow up and stop squandering my money on toys and buy a house now that I'll be turning 26 next may  ::)   Going to be looking to sell mine next spring a mooch off my buddies boats

Last day she was out...

I just hate fall, too long of a transition between warm enough wakeboarding temps and enough snow to snowboard... lol
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 01:00:31 AM by 3MileBayWaker »
2010 Glastron GT 205 XL (Crimson Red)
Volvo 4.3L GL
Roswell Wakeboard tower
Low profile Black windshield
Custom Black Canvas

yamahas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 12:05:53 PM »

I just hate fall, too long of a transition between warm enough wakeboarding temps and enough snow to snowboard... lol

I know what you mean, now I got to wait for snow to spend more money on toys with snowmobiling! Same thing every fall and spring, wait for it to get cold, wait for it to get warm.

3MileBayWaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 03:34:25 PM »

I know what you mean, now I got to wait for snow to spend more money on toys with snowmobiling! Same thing every fall and spring, wait for it to get cold, wait for it to get warm.

Yea luckily my better half is into power sports so I'm thinking maybe about picking up some used 4-wheelers to accommodate our down times during the spring and fall. Not to often you find a girl who likes to play in the mud. I live in one of the best parts of New York with the Adirondack mountain range only an hour away and there are TONS of trails to conquer up there.  Hope everyone had a better summer than mine went, I'm looking forward to some fresh powder :)
2010 Glastron GT 205 XL (Crimson Red)
Volvo 4.3L GL
Roswell Wakeboard tower
Low profile Black windshield
Custom Black Canvas

yamahas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 04:13:10 PM »
Yea luckily my better half is into power sports so I'm thinking maybe about picking up some used 4-wheelers to accommodate our down times during the spring and fall. Not to often you find a girl who likes to play in the mud. I live in one of the best parts of New York with the Adirondack mountain range only an hour away and there are TONS of trails to conquer up there.  Hope everyone had a better summer than mine went, I'm looking forward to some fresh powder :)

Lucky for sure. I need some 4-wheelers to bridge the gap between boat and sleds. Not many ATV Trails trails here in Ontario though(Locally), over 40 000km's of sled trails though! ;D

SDDSMAN

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 11:40:22 AM »
Well, I haven't gone out for a few weeks, just too busy.  This weekend is supposed to be nice so I'm going.  But sadly, it's time to pull her out and winterize.  I agree, summers seems to be too short in Illinois.
Steve / Colleen / Bryan

GT 185 (2008) --  Lil Babe
Batavia, Illinois

jt185

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 01:49:33 PM »
Made an appointment for winterization today. If I get time, I may sneak out one more time this weekend or an evening next week. Summer was here and gone so dang quick!
JT

2010 GT185XL Black w/4.3 Merc

gxl185

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 06:56:21 PM »
Made it out today for a little while.  Had to cut it short as there were half a dozen, or so, yellow jackets that were trying to hide in the boot for the bimini top.  Boy were they pissed that we kept moving around.  As soon as we would stop, they were there.  Luckily once it cooled down at dusk, I was able to put the covers on and open the bimini.  No nest yet, just trying to stay warm in the black canvas.  I don't know if we will make it out again so this may have been the "last hurrah" til next year.......... :(
2011 GLS 215  Volvo Penta 5.7

Guinnessmeister

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 06:44:26 PM »
I am one of the lucky few that never has to stop  8)  Florida does have some advantages but also disadvantages ... Such as snowbirds clogging our boats ramps for the next several months  >:(
Guinnessmeister
2000 Glastron GX-185
Volvo Penta 4.3GL Vortec 4bbl

treymoran

• treymoran
    • texasfoodmyway
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2011, 08:06:12 PM »
Took ours out yesterday for a couple of hours. The weather here in N. Texas is perfect right now. We will be back out on the water over the weekend.