Author Topic: transfer warranty to new owner??  (Read 528 times)

arnlaura

• View Profile
transfer warranty to new owner??
« on: July 16, 2017, 02:10:55 PM »
We just bought a 2003 SX175 and we're told the warranty can be transferred to each new owner. Anyone know how I do this? Do I have to contact a dealer? I've searched the Glastron website and it was no help. It talked about the warranty but not how to transfer it. Maybe we don't do anything unless we need to take it in for something specific to be fixed... ?? Any thoughts?

Merlin16

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: transfer warranty to new owner??
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 05:50:06 PM »
Since your boat is a 2003, just wondering what kind of warranty there is?
The dealer maybe able to help you. I needed some specific info and emailed Glastron directly off their website. Got all my answers within a few days.
2016 GTS 185
4.5L MPI 200hp
Phantom Grey w/Sunburst Orange

The Canadian Guy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: transfer warranty to new owner??
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 04:58:23 PM »
I have a 2006 SX 175 and was told by the salesman at the Marine Store, the price included the tranferring of the hull warranty.  My boat got osmosis (blistering of the hull) and it cost me $3000.00 to have it fixed.  Before I got it fixed I contacted Glastron who informed me that Glastron went bankrupt and there was no warranty for my 2006, so there will be no warranty for your boat either.   The dealer informed me that sales person is now retired so they can't ask him about it.  Lost a customer for life.  I am trying to work on something with the Marine store because I gave them 19,000 for this boat and the salesman was either untruthful or ignorant, neither of which is my problem, but became my $3000.00 problem.

If you buy a boat and it's used or new anything they tell you, write it on the contract or walk away.
2006 SX 175
Lives In Ottawa, Canada