Author Topic: Add front speakers to GT 185 (2013 Model)  (Read 384 times)

azlivinhunt

• View Profile
Add front speakers to GT 185 (2013 Model)
« on: February 03, 2018, 09:55:16 AM »
Hey everyone!

I am new to this forum and a new glastron owner. So far I love the boat...except the stereo.  I replaced the factory speakers with JL Audio MX650's and added a nice amp.  The amp can handle two more speakers and a sub.

I want to add a second pair of the MX 650's to the bow of the boat.  Does anyone have experience adding speakers to the bow in these boats? Its hard for me to tell if there will be enough depth behind the fiberglass without cutting it.

Can anyone tell me how much room is back there? Anything else I should worry about?

Thanks in advance!

LSUtiger07

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Add front speakers to GT 185 (2013 Model)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 01:40:38 PM »
I am new to this forum as well. I don’t have a GT 185 but have a 2007 GT 205. I picked up the boat last year from the original owner and love it, however, one of the first things I noticed was the outdated sound system. This winter I took on the project to upgrade it. I replaced my aft speakers with Kicker 6.5’s and and added 2 speakers to the bow. Much more balanced sound now! I’m not sure for your particular model as I believe I have an older model/design, but I had plenty of room. I also spend a solid week researching and measuring because I knew once I cut the holes there was no going back. Best of luck.

Merlin16

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Add front speakers to GT 185 (2013 Model)
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 11:05:16 AM »
Remove one of the bottom cushions to the storage area.. Can you reach your hand/arm in and up inside that cavity? On mine I can also see that void by looking under via the dash area. But not sure how far that space goes and probably tapers off towards the front.
2016 GTS 185
4.5L MPI 200hp
Phantom Grey w/Sunburst Orange